Featured post

I'm afraid I have some very bad news for you

Receiving bad news is never easy. However, what to do when we get bad news can take almost super human effort as we process exactly what...

Thursday 28 January 2021

I'm afraid I have some very bad news for you

Receiving bad news is never easy. However, what to do when we get bad news can take almost super human effort as we process exactly what it is we are facing. What have we lost? What price will we pay? What unfinished business is there left unresolved. Who can help?
Our new normal can knock us of centre. So, I'm sharing this not for sympathy or empathy but in the hopes that when the day comes and you are suddenly thrust into a "New Normal" you'll have some ideas on what to do and how to face it.
I was 27 the first time I was given catastrophic bad news. I had cancer. Then several days after surgery the news got worse. Michael you're cancer has spread it was in four locations. Well with over 25 years come and gone since that day it's much easier to talk about now. However it was a life altering moment.
I'd gone to the doctor for an appointment. At the time it seemed like the "flu" I had was hanging on and was attempting to make me a permanent host! I'd felt flu like for six plus weeks. I'd started sleeping 18 to 20 ours a day! Me. Mr Energy.... Not this time. So when I'd gone to the Doctors office for

Michael H Ballard 2019
I prepared them by calling a family meeting.
I was living in Halifax and at the tine only had my spouse living with me
My brothers where both still living at home with parents at the time
asked if they could be at the phone that night
Told them i was setting up to fight a fight and wanted them to be on my team
I boldly assigned tasks
humour team - movie nights books of jokes cartoons etc from used book store etc
inspirational music
prayer team
second opinion medical team
called people asked to be kept in loop
of one positive thing happened every week and don't expect to get anything back
but a weekly update
gave them my condition
I've been inside these types of appointment offices so many times.
asked them to not come down for a visit
till we had everything verified
and knew exactly what options where and what I/we had to face
I you wish to skype and chat we can do that
also the relaxation skills are more important than ever to practise
helps optimize body for health and healing
Skype I'm ResilientMichael
also on your team someone to build a list of support groups in your area that could offer some type of support
skill building, emotional, etc

So one thing to consider How will you how do you describe / define yourself starting now
I was a "Lean Keen Healing Machine!" ...
Yes between my pray teams. theme musics, some for up, some for calm, some for emotions and some for self hypnosis, prose & poetry, and prayers and my exercises to manage my energy the over experience was much better than most there

So until next time, Imagine Yourself with more Resiliency for Life.

Michael

Michael Ballard specializes in helping people, schools, organizations and communities learn how to become more resilient.

Hiring and Contacting Michael
To interview Michael, book him for your 
next event or to contact him you can do that through your favourite agent or speakers bureau or direct at:
www.ResiliencyforLife.com
 
You can purchase Michael's programming on:
Udemy.com video programs at:

 iTunes.com audio programs at:

Faith Hope and Courage progrramming is at:
http://www.michaelhballard.com/grace-noll-crowell-poetry/

Michael’s Social Media includes:

No comments: